Olivia Albertson Takes the Stage

Olivia Albertson Takes the Stage

Meet Olivia Albertson; a country artist with a bright future. Read on to learn more about her!

Our Rating: A+

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Photo Credit: Olivia Albertson

What's Your Rating of Olivia Albertson Takes the Stage?

VN:F [1.9.11_1134]
Rating: 9.4/10 (16 votes cast)

Dusti Kempf, Arts & Entertainment Editor
March 28, 2011
Filed under Arts & Entertainment, Music

Olivia Albertson, a freshman from Thomasville, North Carolina, is adding her own country flavor to the music department at Catawba College.  Being a singer is not her only talent; because she is also a skilled musician and songwriter.

Olivia originally had plans to become a musical theater major, but after being introduced to Catawba’s unique music business program, she instantly decided to make Catawba her new home and become a music business major.  She is currently involved with three different vernaculars groups: La Femme, Colloquials, and the Country Vernaculars. In addition to constantly writing new material to add to her already abundant repertoire, she is taking up the electric guitar and learning to play the Dobro.  Olivia also has experience playing the mandolin, and has played piano and acoustic guitar for several years.

With sweet vocals to compliment her sassy lyrics, Olivia sets her own standard for country music. Although she is a country artist, she says she first became interested in country music only three years ago. She recalls the song that first sparked her interest, “International Harvester,” she says. “I know it’s weird, but that’s what got me hooked.”

Olivia says her music is driven by her personal experiences, and her hope is that she can inspire and help others in the same way that music has inspired and helped her. “I love the feeling you get when you hear a song and you can completely relate to it,” she says.  Olivia also loves working with harmonies, which is another element that makes her music unique, because she tries to incorporate them in all of her songs.

Olivia plans to continue writing and become more fluent as a musician, while eventually recording an album and playing live shows in the area. After graduating, she plans to move to Nashville or New York City to begin a career as a recording artist.  Keep up with Olivia as she continues to perform at Catawba and make a name for herself as a performing country artist.

Olivia Albertson Takes the Stage, 9.4 out of 10 based on 16 ratings