Movie Review: Here Comes the Boom

Here-Comes-the-Boom-Soundtrack

Photo Credit: http://www.songonlyrics.com

Rebekah Brown, Writer, Photographer
February 12, 2013
Filed under Fun Stuff

Here Comes the Boom is about a science teacher who decides to help out not only a fellow teacher, but also the students.  The school decides to shut down the music department to save money for the school.  Not only do the students lose an extra-curricular activity, but if the school were to get rid of the music, they would also be letting go a great teacher that inspired them to do great things.

The science teacher, Mr. Voss, decides to help out the music teacher.  In teaching some immigrants about the citizen test, he finds out that if you lose a UFC fight, you win $10,000, $50,000 if you win.

He asks people to help him out and he, in turn, decides to go for the big bucks.  Kevin James (Mr. Voss, Kings of Queens) shows people that if you set your mind to it, you can do anything!

I don’t want to be the spoiler of this movie, so I’m going to suggest you go out and watch this movie!! I give it a 4.5 out of 5 star rating!  If you don’t want my point of view, check out what a fellow student said about this movie!

“The movie provides a great example for someone that hopes to be a teacher, like myself.  The story shows what a teacher can really provide for his/her students with inspiration and the ability to pursue their goals in life.” – Chris Money, Class of ’15, History Major
Photo Credit: Taylor Lee