Pumpkin Palooza

Error: Unable to create directory uploads/2014/11. Is its parent directory writable by the server?
Hannah Davis, Writer
November 4, 2013
Filed under Fun Stuff

This past week there were several Halloween themed events around campus. The first event happened on Monday and was the first ever Pumpkin Palooza! This event was co-sponsored by ECO, Tri-Beta, and COB, and took place in the Abernathy Quad.

There were two donut-eating contests and then a costume contest. The winner for scariest costume was a marionette doll, the winner for most creative costume was a girl dressed up as the Pokémon Pikachu inside of a cardboard homemade Game Boy. The winner for best overall costume was dressed up as a female Mad Hatter.

Students who didn’t wish to compete in any of the contests helped themselves to S’mores, kettle corn, apple cider and hot chocolate. There was even a make-your-own candy apple bar complete with toppings such as crushed Oreo and chocolate chips.

Or, if students were daring, they could pet a snake or some baby turtles. For the first few lucky students there were pumpkins available for carving and decorating your dorm room. After the festival, they tried to have a showing of the movie Hocus Pocus in the Student Center, but unfortunately couldn’t get the movie and ended up showing Monster House.

Other events for the week included Scare O’ Grams (which were basically Candy Grams) given by the Catawba Supernatural Investigators club on Tuesday. They wrapped up the festivities on Wednesday with RHA sponsored trick or treating and a Halloween party at The Third Place.