First C.S.I. Meeting of the 2013 Spring Semester

Megan Varnadore, Writer/Lifestyles Editor
February 12, 2013
Filed under Fun Stuff, Odd News

If you don’t already know what CSI is, allow me to enlighten you. CSI stands for Catawba Supernatural Investigators and I, Megan Varnadore, am the President and co-founder. We had our first meeting of the semester this past Tuesday night at 8pm in the Ketner building. At a normal meeting, we present a slideshow on the subject up for discussion and then we may receive news from Dr. Freeze or take a look at some unexplainable pictures that have been sent in to us. We also conduct investigations around campus and in the Salisbury community.

The subject of this meeting, in anticipation of the upcoming Mardi Gras celebration, was Marie Laveau, Voodoo, and Haunted Louisiana. This proved to be quite the interesting topic. Dr. Freeze was in attendance and informed us that he has possibly found out who the ghostly woman in the administration building bathroom might be. This welcomed news follows many stories of a female entity in the first floor women’s bathroom. We are considering conducting an investigation of the administration building one night this semester.

Also discussed at the meeting were ideas for club fundraisers such as a dark circus or scare-o-grams, both of which seem appropriate and fun. We are also considering many ideas for our club service projects, one of which may be Relay-for-Life of Rowan County. Our new Vice President, Sydney Smith, was announced. In addition we are taking nominations for club positions such as treasurer, secretary, tech manager, and researcher. Voting will take place soon and position holders will be announced at the next meeting. The next meeting will be mid-March. An exact date will be provided soon. Follow us on Facebook! We also have an email address: Catawbasi@yahoo.com.