Patterson’s Pumpkins

Related Content

Last 5 stories in Out & About

Other stories that might interest you...

Kristi Leonard, Writer
October 24, 2013
Filed under Out & About

Patterson Farm is a local pumpkin patch that has tons of activities for those young and old.

Patterson Farms started selling produce grown from their land in 1946. James A. Patterson and Sons have been farming since 1919. The family had a passion for growing and producing crops; the farm took on the business and created Patterson Farm, Inc, in 1992. Today Patterson Farms grow 40 acres of strawberries, 40 acres of pumpkins, and 15,000 poinsettias, along with 350 acres of tomatoes, which makes them one of the largest growers in the state of North Carolina.

Patterson Farm has many attractions during the year. On the weekends in October join them for Fall Farm Fun; they also have Pumpkin Smash and Pumpkin Dash. Currently join them for a fun filled afternoon and take a tour around the pumpkin patch; you can even get yourself a pumpkin before leaving. For only $9, you can enjoy face painting, hayrides, corn cannon, pumpkin bowling, and so much more!

Patterson also offers The Maize, which is a corn maze, but at night, you go backwards with a flashlight.

This farm is used for more than just crop farming; they also have a store which sells ice cream, t-shirts and even homemade jams and jellies. So if you are looking for something fun and local to do, go visit Patterson Farm, Inc.

It is located just a short drive from Catawba’s campus at 10390 Caldwell Road Mount Ulla, NC 28125.