SNCAE Halloween

FHNA

Kristi Leonard, Writer

On this past chilly Halloween night, Fulton Heights Neighborhood held a Halloween event. As I pulled up on a side street in Fulton Heights Neighborhood, there were tons of cars sitting around. While setting up SNCAE’s table for face painting, the abundance of children gathering at the other end of the street was overwhelming! I looked at my friends to see what they thought of the whole ordeal and they couldn’t believe all the children either.

At the end of the street, nearly one hundred children and adults were competing in different types of costume contests. Everywhere you looked, a different person had on a truly unique and creative costume. The Scooby Doo cast was there, as well as a ballerina equipped with her own personal rolling stage, and even the entire cast of the Wizard of Oz.

Children of all ages, and with all different types of costumes came to visit the SNCAE table to get their faces paint. We drew spiders, ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, and plenty more. As the night drew to a close, the SNCAE members collected canned goods for Rowan Helping Ministries. Over 790lbs of food were collected!

Once night fell upon Fulton Heights, children were police escorted down the streets in a parade of costumes. The Halloween event was without a doubt amazing! Children, adults, and even some Catawba students were at this event. I honestly have never seen so many  people ready to go trick or treating. This was one event that I will never forget about, especially since it was a spooky Halloween night!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.