Athlete Spotlight: Alli Justice

Sydney Smith, Writer
February 14, 2012
Filed under Sports, Spotlights

Catawba College senior Allison “Alli” Justice is a recognizably notable figure on the Catawba’s Women’s Softball team. After four years of sports and academics at Catawba, Justice will graduate with the Class of 2012 with a major in Communication Arts and a minor in Business Administration.

Justice’s passion for softball developed as she watched her parents play when she was younger. At the age of 10, she began playing. By age 13, she started playing with her first ASA travel team, which changed her life — after joining the team, her evenings were devoted to practices, weekends to games, and summers to traveling the country.

Although she was originally drawn to Catawba for its softball program, she discovered the school had much more to offer. Besides the one-on-one style of relationships between students and professors at Catawba, Justice also fell for the air of “southern hospitality” that surrounds the campus.

As a senior, Justice recognizes her parents as huge sources of inspiration for her successes. She mentions that her dad always knew the right things to say to support her in softball, and her mom always had great advice for academic challenges.  “Either way,” she explained, “both of my parents inspire me to be the best I can be in all that I do.”

Currently, Justice is still deciding on exactly what she plans to do after graduating from Catawba. She is considering attending graduate school to obtain a master’s degree in public relations.