Men’s Lacrosse Pulls Out Big Win Against Rivals Wingate

Michelle Marrara, Writer
April 8, 2013
Filed under Sports

After a first half of back and forth, the men’s lacrosse team had a successful finish to their game on Friday. With a final score of 21 to 12, the Men’s team secured a home game for their first tournament game.

Down 5 to 6 at the half, the boys found a way to pull out a win.  Points were scored by Corey Losselyoung,  Matt Symes, Steven Ridolfo, John Williams, Josh Riedy, Adam Hebert, Zack Lafavre, and John Schiech, who broke the school record of most goals in a game with 9.

Lincoln Anderson, a sophomore, was ready to take on a bigger role in this game than he has played before.  ”The second half we really played well and we came out ready to win, we started dominating the game, like we should have been doing the whole time,” Anderson said.

He wasn’t alone when it came to thinking the men’s team deserved to be winning. Junior Harland Jones said, “Our offense really stepped up and started burying our chances that we easily should have been making the whole time.  I was so happy when we started really putting our shots away.”

The student section was also out there supporting the Indians. “We really wanted them to win so we wanted to get the most people out there as we could to support the boys,” said Lexi Robinson, a freshman. ‘We will for sure be out there next week for their tournament game.”

The boys team has another game coming up this Tuesday against Wingate once again, this time for their first tournament game.