Student Spotlight: Nate Charest

macovert
Aaron Hartsell, Writer
September 3, 2013
Filed under Sports, Spotlights

Meet Nate Charest, a 5’11″ wide receiver on the football team from Charlotte, North Carolina. Nate is a senior this season and he is number 5 on the field. In the classroom, Nate is a communication arts major. He graduated from Butler High School and when he is not participating in school or football related activities, Nate enjoys many other activities and hobbies such as fishing, hunting, going to the pool and the lake or anything that has to do with the outdoors or just having fun being with friends.

When asked what he planned on doing after playing football and college for a career, he replied, “I would like to coach football at the high school level. If I don’t coach, I would like to join some form of the military, possibly the Marines or the Army but I’m leaning towards the Army.”

This season will be the last that Nate is able to play football for the Indians so I asked him about his expectations for this season for himself and his team. Nate said,”For the overall team it’s to have a fun and successful season and to earn respect from the conference again. For me, I want to have a fun senior season and give it all I have since it is my last.”

This season should be interesting for Nate and the rest of the Catawba Indians football team as this is the first season under new head coach Curtis Walker. The Indians open the season this Saturday at home against West Liberty at 1:30.