Athlete Spotlight: Davis Hughes

athartse
Aaron Hartsell, Sports Writer
April 22, 2014
Filed under Sports

Meet Davis Hughes, a 6’1″ attack man on the Catawba men’s lacrosse team from Windermere, Florida. Davis is a junior this season and he is number 7 on the field. In the classroom, Davis is a communications major. Davis graduated from West Orange High School and when he is not participating in lacrosse related activities, he enjoys going wakeboarding and he also likes to go fishing.

I asked Davis what he wants to do after college for a career and he replied, “I would like to do sales in custom trade show exhibits.”  I also asked Davis what were some goals that he had set for himself for this season and he replied, “ I wanted to play the best as I could play and help the team win.”

I asked Davis what has been his favorite moment while playing lacrosse for Catawba, and he said, “When I scored 4 goals against Rollins earlier this year and the game was in Orlando, Florida so all of my friends and family were at the game.” I asked Davis what his favorite thing about playing lacrosse is and he replied, ” just hanging out with really close friends that I have among the team.”

The Catawba men’s lacrosse team is currently 6-7 overall and they are 4-3 in conference play. The next game for the Indians is Saturday at home against Seton Hill at 7 P.M.