Meeting President Lewis

Raven Canty, Writer, Tech Editor
September 10, 2012
Filed under Faculty, Spotlights

Many wonder how it would be when they first meet their college president or even if they would ever meet him/her. For the first time, many students got the chance to meet Catawba College’s new president, Brian Lewis.

Unlike various other colleges, President Lewis wants to have a close relation with the entire student body not only by inviting every student into his home, but also sending out monthly emails to inform everyone of what is going on in the community and on campus.

All over campus, faculty and students can see the changes President Lewis has done and will do and they had something to say after meeting with him for the first time:

“Meeting President Lewis was great! He showed me that he cares about the Catawba students and wants us to succeed.  We had refreshments and he made sure that he came around and met everyone.”  – Rebekah Brown

“President Lewis was very warming and welcoming of us in his home. He allowed us to watch the Carolina Panthers game in his living room.” — Jackie Davis

“I really enjoyed taking the time out to enjoy deserts and mingling with my friends and the president.”  — Taryn Jenkins

“As a senior hear at Catawba I really like how President Lewis wants to be and is always visible. Its a great feeling being able to visit his house and meet him on a one-on-one level.”  — Garrett McAuliffe

“Catawba has forever been a small, community like campus. However, meeting President Lewis tonight and being personally invited to his house gave my teammates and I the true sense of community Catawba has been searching for. I believe President Lewis has already made remarkable changes and I am confident that he will continue to do great things!” — Jordan Raye

President Lewis has been a great addition to the Catawba community and his success here will be even greater.