Cullop and Men’s Lax expectations high for 2013

www.gocatawbaindians.com

Photo Credit: www.gocatawbaindians.com

macovert
Mark Covert, Sports Writer
February 26, 2013
Filed under Spotlights

In midst of his senior lacrosse season at Catawba, Tom Cullop is brimming with confidence and expectations.

“As a team, we want to win the Deep South Conference, first and foremost. We also want to be the first team in program history to beat Limestone,” he said.  “After that, it’s about making the NCAA playoffs and eventually winning a national championship.”

As of right now, the Men’s Lacrosse team stands at 2-0 after their opening day win over Coker by a tally of 15-9 and second win over Mount Olive.

Cullop had one goal and two assists in the Indians’ first win.  He has been a two-time All-Deep South Conference selection in his freshman and junior years.

On some of his best memories as a student-athlete at Catawba, Cullop said, “Upsetting Merrimack my sophomore year was probably the biggest game I’ve ever been apart of.  It was one of the biggest wins in program history.” He also believes in the big picture as a team.  “Another good memory would have to be making it to the conference championship every year I’ve been here and winning back-to-back years has been awesome.”

Tom doesn’t plan on stopping his lacrosse career after his college days at Catawba are over.  “I actually am in the process of planning a temporary move to Australia for a few months to play lacrosse for a team over there.”

The life of an athlete never seems to stop.