Senior Salute: Alex Macdonald

Brandi Cockerham, Writer
April 8, 2013
Filed under Spotlights, Students

Senior tennis player Alex Macdonald will be graduating in May with his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics and Finance. Not long after the graduation ceremonies take place, Alex will be making the move to Chapel Hill to begin his graduate studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Alex should receive his Master’s degree in accountancy in just one year. When considering his future endeavors, Alex describes his emotions as “a mixture of excited and nervous.”  During his time at UNC-Chapel Hill, he will be living in off campus apartments.

During his four years at Catawba, Alex was involved in the Student Athletic Advisor Committee and the Order of the Blue and White. He was also a member of the men’s tennis team.  Alex describes his senior year tennis season as going “not as well as (he) had hoped.” Alex explains that his personal game has changed and developed a lot over the past four years and he understands and has adapted to his role on the team. The tennis season has recently come to an end with their final record being 12-11.

When reflecting on his time here at Catawba, Alex shares that what he appreciates most are the “relationships that (he) has built with his professors.” He says that he couldn’t choose a favorite professor, but he says that “All of the economics and accounting professors are inspirational.” Alex was able to choose a favorite course though: Principles of Economics (taught by either Hake or Slate).

The Pioneer staff would like to wish the best of luck to Alex Macdonald and all of the graduating seniors who will be embarking on their next journey in life.