Student Spotlight: Tim Pangburn

athartse
Aaron Hartsell, Writer
October 1, 2013
Filed under Spotlights, Students

Meet Tim Pangburn, a 6’2″ Offensive Lineman on the Catawba football team from Mt. Ulla, North Carolina. Tim is a sophomore this season and he is number 71 on the field. In the classroom, Tim is a physical education major. Tim graduated from West Rowan High School and when he is not participating in school or football related activities, he enjoys to do outdoor things but his favorites are hunting and fishing.

I asked Tim what he wants to do after college and playing football for a career, and he replied “I want to be a physical education teacher and be a high school football coach.” I also asked Tim what has been his favorite moment while playing football for Catawba, and he said “the game that I got my first career start in, earlier this season against West Liberty and that the team won the game made it even better.”

I asked Tim what some of his goals were that he set for himself at the beginning of the season, and Tim replied, saying “I want to buy into the new coaching staff’s philosophy and then help the team to win games and help build the program for the new coaching staff.”

Since Tim is an Offensive Lineman, I asked him what his biggest role is at his position other than protecting the quarterback, to which he replied “I have to be a leader of the offensive line because if we have a bad day, it reflects on others and they have a bad day.” Tim also said that what he has to do on the offensive as an individual is “play hard all the time.”

Tim and the Catawba Indians football team will go to Tusculum on Saturday at 1:30 after upsetting Carson-Newman this past Saturday to make their record 3-1 overall and 1-1 in the conference.