Winterfest ’11: Winter Wonderland

From Left to Right: Lindsay Smith, Chelsea Starr, Lizzle Davis, Jaclyn Lawrence, Rachael Thomas, Reagan Thomas

Related Content

Lizzle Davis, Writer
January 31, 2011
Filed under Student Life & News, Top Stories

Winterfest, Catawba’s semi-formal dance, took place on Saturday, January 29th from 9:00 PM-1:00 AM. Each year, Catawba’s own Helen Foil Beard Society hosts the event at the Crystal-Peeler lounge.  For this year’s Winterfest, the Helen Foil Beard Society decided upon a “Winter Wonderland” theme.

The event included a hired DJ as well as a light display.  HFB provided free snacks, drinks, and keepsake photos to all Catawba students.  As tradition, the first 200 guests were also provided with a free gift. This year, the first 200 were able to receive a free mug with a “Winterfest ‘11” inscription.

The music line up was as lively as the crowd, featuring hit songs by such artists as Drake, The Black Eyed Peas, and Lady Gaga.  Students were able to approach the DJ and request their favorite songs. Other hits, such as “The Cha-Cha Slide”, “The Cupid Shuffle”, and “Teach Me How to Dougie” led the crowd in communal dancing.

Winferfest is always a highly anticipated event for the students of Catawba College. Catawba’s Helen Foil Beard Society worked hard enough to ensure it would be a great event for the whole campus.  Upon the immense success and high turn out of this year’s dance, it won’t be long before Catawba’s student body begins the countdown for Winterfest ’12.

ready