Catawba Pride Marches in North Carolina Governor’s Inaugural Parade

Devan Purvis

Catawba Pride members pose with Governor McCrory.

Darby Reedy, Editor

In November, Pat McCrory, Catawba College alumnus, was elected governor for North Carolina. McCrory’s status as governor became official when he was inaugurated on Saturday in Raleigh. A special inaugural parade was part of the festivities. The Catawba Pride Marching Band had the honor of being chosen as one of the bands to participate in the parade.

The Pride band was well received and represented the college well. In addition to the typical members of the Pride band, Catawba recruits and some Livingstone students filled out the parade formation.

Christopher Money, a sophomore at Catawba, played tenor saxophone for the band. “We were nervous at first, but once we started marching, it all came together and became a great performance that represented the college well,” Chris said of the band’s performance in the parade.

As the band took to the streets and marched the parade route, they played the Catawba Fight Song and All I Do is Win.

After the parade, the students got a chance to attend the open house at the governor’s mansion, meet the governor, and get a group picture with him. Governor McCrory even took time to play a little football with some students before they had to head back to campus.

The students had a great time at the parade and wish Governor McCrory the best of luck during his term!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.