Students Risk It All At Casino Night

P1040935

Related Content

Brandi Cockerham, Writer
January 28, 2013
Filed under Student Life & News

Due to inclement weather, this past week’s Wigwam event was held on Saturday night instead of Friday night. Luckily, this change of date didn’t seem to affect the attendance. In about an hours’ time, the student center was transformed into what looked like a casino straight out of the Las Vegas strip. As students walked in the door, they each received $300 worth of chips to start off with as well as the opportunity to register for a door prize. Students could choose from variety of games to wager their chips on: blackjack, poker, roulette, and even craps.

There were two opportunities for students to cash in their chips, 8:45 and 10:45. Instead of receiving actual cash for their chips, students were granted one ticket for every 500 chips they turned in. They could choose to place their ticket into a drawing for a variety of prizes.

At the 8:45 drawing, the prizes up for grabs included two prize packs with five movies and two boxes of candy each and also a prize pack made up of two packages of Chips Ahoy cookies and Sony headphones. At 10:45, the last call was made for everyone to cash in their chips. The tickets to award the door prize and the final two prize drawings were drawn. The big prizes of the evening included a Boost Amplifying speaker for an iPhone and a Fuji Film camera.

Wigwam would like to thank all of the students who came out and risked it all at Casino Night. Also a special thank you to the “celebrity” dealers: Dean of Students Ben Smith, Director of Retention Andie Lynch and her husband Daniel, Accounting Professor Hrinsin and her husband Nathan, and Information Technology Specialist Richard Darr.