De-Stressing with Eastern Healing Arts

file0001501140572

Related Content

Rebecca Rider, Writer
April 2, 2013
Filed under Student Life & News

One month left until the end of the semester. Projects are picking up, the pressure is on. If only there was some way we could just relax, de-stress . . . Well, if you happened to come by Leonard lounge last Tuesday, student affairs wanted to help you do just that. This year’s StressFest was themed “Eastern Healing Arts,” and the lounge was decked out in red and gold, dragons, and paper lanterns.

Students could pick up a spring roll or a pork wonton from a table in the center or make themselves a relaxing cup of tea as they perused tables, investigated information booths on Traditional Chinese Medicine or participated in crafts—including good luck hangers, scratch-color dragons, and beaded bracelets and earrings. They could also pick up a free chinese-symbol bracelet, get their fortune told with a fortune stick, grab a pair of re-useable chop-sticks, or a stress ball shaped like a fortune-cookie.

As far as the de-stressing went, students had several options to choose from. Two massage chairs were available for fifteen minutes a-piece, an oxygen bar was also available, complete with exotic and comforting scents to calm you down, and in Adam’s loft three masseurs worked hard to knock out all of the knots in the student body.

If you missed it, make a point of coming the next time one is offered—it was a great chance to relax before exams!