Lambda Pi Eta Inducts Newest Members

Brandi Cockerham , Writer
April 15, 2013
Filed under Student Life & News

Friday, April 12th marked the third annual induction ceremony for the Lambda Pi Eta Communication Honor Society. This year, there were two new inductees: Seniors Raven Canty and Lili Kiefer. The current members along with Raven, Professor Wittum (their advisor), and friends and family all met at the Center for the Environment for the induction ceremony at 4pm.

In order to be eligible for induction into Lambda Pi Eta Catawba students must reach the following requirements:

1. Complete 60 semester credit-hours
  2. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all courses taken
  3. Complete the equivalent of 12 semester credit-hours in communication studies
  4. Have a minimum GPA of 3.25 for all communication studies courses
  5. Currently be enrolled as a student in good standing, as determined by the institution’s policies
  6. Rank within the highest thirty-five percent of one’s class in general scholarship

The current officers of Lambda Pi Eta and Professor Wittum conducted the induction ceremony which ended with a candle lighting to officially induct Raven Canty into the honors society (Lili Kiefer is studying abroad). All of the current members are seniors and will be wearing red and white cords at graduation to represent their membership in Lambda Pi Eta.

The current members include the following students: Brandi Cockerham, Leslie McMillan, Rebecca Heffernan, Lili Keifer, and Raven Canty. Their membership in Lambda Pi Eta lasts for life. Congratulations to Raven and Lili for being inducted and best of luck to all of the seniors in their post-graduate life.