Calling All Catawba Students: Applied Journalism

dnreedy
Darby Reedy, Editor
November 4, 2013
Filed under Student Life & News

Do you like to write? Or do you like to take pictures? Do you have one credit hour of space in your schedule?

If so, Applied Journalism is the class for you!

With spring registration in full swing, Catawba students may be looking for that extra class to give you more credit hours or to give you more writing experience. Applied Journalism is the class behind Catawba College’s student newspaper, which you are reading right now! Applied Journalism is a great class for Communication majors/minors, but also for students outside of the major. As editor, I have seen many different types of students cross the threshold of the Pioneer room and each have been successful.

The class meets only once a week on Tuesdays at 11:00am. Meetings are typically short and sweet. Writers are required to write a short article a week or a longer article in two weeks. Photographers are expected to have numerous photo galleries posted throughout the semester. A student can choose to be either a writer or photographer or they can participate as both.

So if you want a little something extra in your schedule and are looking for both a fun activity and a resume builder, Applied Journalism may be the class for you!

Applied Journalism is open to all Catawba students. The CRN for the class is 20346 if you would like to register. Students may need an override, which can be provided by contacting Ms. Cyndi Wittum.

In addition, if you have any questions, see Ms. Wittum (advisor) or myself, Darby Reedy (editor).