Summer Hotspots for Students in North Carolina
March 22, 2016
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
After finals, the only thing on a student’s mind is summer vacation. I mean, it is called summer vacation for a reason. North Carolina is the home to several summer attractions and things to do. These attractions are most popular for students during summer and spring break to increase productivity and promote an active lifestyle. Below are some of the most popular attractions:
- Carowinds amusement park located in Charlotte, NC. Built in 1969, Carowinds is a 398 amusement park with a total of 64 rides, 13 of which are roller coasters. Enjoy a fun get away with your family or friends, and don’t miss out on the funnel cakes and frozen lemonades.
- Wrightsville Beach located in Wilmington, North Carolina. Wrightsville Beach has clear blue waters and the most spacious size. It holds several activities to take part in within the local area. Don’t forget to pack your surfboards and ride the waves.
- Lazy Five Ranch located in Mooresville, North Carolina. Lazy Five Ranch is a ‘drive-through’ Zoo with a variety of animals and the option to feed and pet them. Students also have the option to ride the carriage guided by horses to enjoy the animals.
- Tiger World located in Rockwell, North Carolina – A preserve for tigers and other animals with tours throughout the week.
- Biltmore Estate located in Asheville, North Carolina is a large private estate and tourist attraction built by former president George Washington. Enjoy the scenery and dining with family members or someone you love.
- Chimney Rock State Park located in Chimney Rock, North Carolina. Put on your sneakers and grab a water bottle to hike up the mountain. Don’t forget to bring extra cash to bring home a souvenir from the gift shop.
Summer vacation is supposed to be a memorable time where students can share stories after returning to school. These summer hotspots will create memories to share for a lifetime.